8.10.2007

Lunch Post

I'm eating lunch.
Some of you, that know me, are probably not surprised, because some of you think that I eat all the time.
This is false thinking. I mean, I have to breathe!!!
At my new job, I could eat all the time if I wanted to, but then I would never get any work done. :( I like getting things done... :D
I thought that I would bring you up to date, a little more in depth, about what has happened to me this summer.

I have been very, VERY busy!!!

Like I mentioned I got a job as a Human Resources Coordinator. It is a very challanging job in many ways. The first thing that challanged me at my new job was the people. In Human Resources you work with a lot of people. I'm a people person, but at school and at the library it seems to be the culture to avoid people; at my new job I need to be outgoing and friendly. This was a very big change. Another challange is that everything is important until you've figured out what's not important (there are very few unimportant tasks). Anyway, it's fun. I'll probably be at this job until March.

On Tuesday(8/7), I turned in my two weeks notice at the library. My last day there will be August 21st. Hooray!!!

On Tuesday(8/1), I didn't have breakfast, then I went to work, then I went and tutored, then I went to lunch in Bellevue. For lunch, we went to a great Tai resturaunt. I ate noodles and rice and two little slivers of chicken. (For those of you who don't know I have what is wrongly labeled as hypoglycemia, I call it spastic-glycemia. When I don't eat too many carbs and not enough protein my blood sugar spikes and then drops). It was delicious.
Home is a 45 minute drive, the "drop" usually takes 30 min., but this depends on the severity of it.
About 30 minutes from home I began to feel tired. I thought, "huh, I know I got plenty of sleep last night. I'm sure I'm fine, it's just a little lunch bump." About ten minutes later I begin a process of "keeping myself awake". I rolled down my window, tapped my hands on the steering wheel, slapped my face a few times and drank water. The water lasted until I was about 15 minutes from home. Sleep chased me and tag... I was it.
Bump. CRASH. AAAHHH!!!! I screamed. What just happened...? I must control it!
I grabbed the steering wheel and got back on the road, turned my blinker on, pulled over to the side, turned my blinker off, cried. I thought, "What happened? Why did I do that? I must have hit the telephone pole. Now what? Who should I call?" I called mom. Still crying, I explained what happened and that I wasn't hurt. Mom was in Auburn, but told to have some friends pick me up. Praise the Lord, they were home and there were two drivers there so they could also take my van to my house. The Lord really worked that out too because they were on their way out to dinner.
So, what happened was, I fell asleep while driving and hit a telephone pole. Praise the Lord I'm not hurt. I scraped the side off the red van though. :( So far it's only going to cost me a little bit.
Now I keep food in my car. I have many things to be grateful for: I'm not hurt; no damage was done to public property; no one else was involved in anyway; God was not punishing me; no one else was in the car, including my dog (if another person had been there I may have stayed awake); I hit the passenger side of the van, not the drivers side; some one that loves me was able to come pick me up.

Another thing that happened: my dearest, onliest, grandma had a mild stroke on Monday. She's okay, but please be praying for her and her children and their families as decision must be made about her future care.


So, as you can see it's been an eventful summer and God has been there through it all. This is still not all, only a little more indepth on a few important, life changing subjects. I may get to the rest of them sometime, but maybe not... I think I'll move on next time.
My lunch break is over now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, what a summer. Everyone seems to be busy but look at all the different meanings of busy among us. I hope everything will go well for the health problems! Have a great time being your friendly self while the job lasts! In prayer, Nicole

Katie said...

Oh. My. I'm glad you're safe!!!!