8.13.2007

El Yeshuati - The God of My Salvation

“For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.”
Psalm 149:4

Psalm 68:19-20
"Blessed be the Lord,
Who daily loads us with benefits,
The God of our salvation! Selah
Our God is the God of salvation;
And to GOD the Lord belong escapes from death."

What an incredible thought the Lord wants us to be His people. He likes us!!! He likes us so much that He pours on benefits every day. Praise Him who rescues us from multiple destructions!!

The Lord has been showing me a lot about suffering lately. Suffering means different things, but as I look through my prayer/Bible study journal from this summer the word suffering has shown up several times.
Can you have joy and suffer (whatever it means to you to suffer) at the same time, regarding the same situation? Well, answer that with another question: Can you have peace, or love, or self-control during that same circumstance? In yesterday's sermon the speaker (a special speaker) talked about joy as a choice. Love is a choice and joy, as found listed with other evidences of the Spirit, is also a choice. There are other passages that say that joy is a choice.
So, when I suffer, how can I also choose joy? And what is joy?
From what I understand, joy says, "I will boast in Jesus Christ, in His death and His resurrected life." No matter what's happening Jesus has rescued me from eternal death and though I grieve, shake and wail, yet wil I praise Him, for He is my salvation.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for (the Lord) is with me (His) rod and staff comfort me." Psalm 23:4

1 comment:

Liana said...

Reading this post made me think of the following quote from C. S. Lewis's sermon "The Weight of Glory": "To please God...to be a real ingredient in the divine happiness...to be loved by God, not
merely pitied, but delighted in as an artist delights in his work or a father in a son—it seems impossible, a weight or burden of
glory which our thoughts can hardly
sustain. But so it is."
It is truly an incredible thought that the Divine Creator of the universe takes delight in us, that our very existence makes Him happy! Likewise, He desires that we would find our joy and delight solely in Him. May you be full of joy unspeakable and full of glory!