8.29.2007

I mini-sermon to... Whomever.

Okay, y'all!! I've been reading the book of Matthew. Jesus was (and is) so amazing. His life was so perfectly planned and yet...
...He got hungry (Matthew 4:2).
...He needed to be alone sometimes (4:12).
...He walk on two feet, saw with two eyes, spoke with His lips, and yelled at people (4:18-19).
...Sometimes He didn't want to be with everyone, just His those who were close to Him (5:1).
...Jesus used His hand to touch real people, people who lived their lives expecting others to ignore them, be repulsed by them, mock them, pity them, treat them as though they were a stray dog (8:1-4).
-With that same power He showed mercy to high ranking military officers who were well dressed and respected (8:5-13).
...Jesus slept (8:24) and felt dissappointment (8:26, although note that He rebuked the wind and the waves, while He simply asked the disciples the question).
...He had authority (8:26-27) and gave authority (10:1).
...Our Lord Jesus Christ took the time to honor others (11:7-14).
...He didn't give one little thought to "the rules" of men, especially if they weren't inline with Scripture (12:1-7).
So, how 'bout you? I mean God knows there is a perfect plan for your life, even though it doesn't feel like and when things are going wrong do you look to yourself and try to figure WHY!! Or do ask God keeping in mind that "He knows the plans He has for you" (Jeremiah 29:11)?
Just thinking... actually I'm preaching to myself because I am tempted at the moment to look to myself for the "what is wrong with my decision making skills right now" rather than praying and asking God to help trust Him. But since I've talked to y'all I think I'll pray.... Thanks for listening. :D

3 comments:

Katie said...

God is working on similar stuff in my life right now because Judson is driving me crazy...so last night I came across Psalm 57:2 "I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me." Somehow He is fulfilling that purpose here in the chaos and frustration that is Judson. Thanks for sharing! I love my Sara friend!!

Janel said...

That was so neat Sara, now I want to read the book of Matthew again. Thank you for sharing your heart about that Sara.

Janel said...

Decision making can be so hard...But Got is so faithful and watches over His children. Thanks for the sermonet