1.22.2008

Dear friends,
Now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:2)

I always think of this verse when I write a letter to more than one person. It sounds so exciting!! Someday we will be like Jesus, simply because we will see Him as He is. This verse applies only to those who believe in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ though, to the "children of God".

One thing I've been thinking a lot about lately is: Am I friends with the children of God? I mean I know my friends are children of God, but do I make a point to be loving and friendly to God's children, even though I may not be particular friends with them? One of the things the Lord has laid on my heart lately is to be more friendly and outgoing. To get outside of my bubble and reach out to the children of God.

Pray for the believers on all occasions.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yay! It's been a long time since we've seen an update on what Sara Jean is thinking! :)

Janel said...

That is such a good reminder Sara. We really need to reach out to other...especially other brothers and sisters in the Lord.