11.13.2007

Another Lunchtime Ramble

I really have nothing say.
I'd like to go and play
A song on the piano,
You choose one, so
I don't have to?

I ramble at lunch
About nothing much.
What a dreadful waste of time.

The end.

Seriously though...
Even in our American cultures (yes, plural) we socialize over and about food the most. I think it's because it's something we all have in common. That is, we all have to eat, if we wish to live. The first thing "they" tell you when teaching you about 'How to Carry on a Conversation with Strangers' is you should find something you have in common and talk about it. Haven't you ever heard that?

Today, for lunch, I had chicken noodle soup. I brought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but did not eat it because my sister (who works at the same company as me) offered me her soup which sounded infinitely more delectable.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Chicken noodle soup sounds fantastic! I love chicken noodle soup. I think it sounds more delectable than pb&J.

Wait, does this mean we have Something in Common??

:)

Janel said...

Yeah, it is amazing how much our lives are involved with food. That is true in many other countries, not just the US.