5.25.2007

It Is Odd To Be Old

Yesterday, I turned TWENTY!!
I decided when I woke up that I wasn't going to tell anyone or remind anyone it was my birthday and not expect anyone to remember, that way I wouldn't be let down when I had to tell people and I wouldn't have tell a million people that I was turning TWENTY.
While I was working yesterday my sister came in and told my boss that it was my birthday, isn't she sweet? :) So then everybody at work was like, "So what, was it some big secret?" and "Oh, how nice!" It was nice. One of the ladies sang "Happy Birthday" to me, someone else gave me a birthday hug, and one of the workers who is a little younger than I asked, "How many years young are you, then?" I said, "I'm twenty, wow that's sounds old, doesn't it?" We laughed because it's true and odd to think that I would ever get "old".
So, now I'm old enough to eat rainbow confetti cake for my birthday (the kind with sprinkles), laugh like there is no tomorrow, where pigtails in my hair, eat (I bought it with my very own money), and sleep in a big girl bed.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I remembered! Though I know there's no proof. Yesterday was crazy, but that's no excuse for not saying happy birthday to a wonderful friend. I love you!! And just wait til 23. For some reason that one seems way worse to me than 21 or 22...I really am getting old...somebody call the whambulance.

Katie said...

Happy birthday. :)

I remembered, though I missed calling you.

I have tried to keep from telling people about my birthday before, thinking that sounded mature...didn't always work so well.

Janel said...

I must confess. I keep thinking that it is the 25th not 24th. So I did forget. I'll call you later. I hope that you had a very lovely birthday, and 20 really isn't all that bad. Turst me, I know. :)